It’s not really that hard to get your garage ready for a party.
Follow these 5 easy steps, and you will be enjoying an evening with friends in no time!
- Get Ready to Party. It’s time to declutter. Don’t let this first step overwhelm you. Creating separate “donate,” “dump,” and “keep” piles will make decluttering your garage a breeze and will pay off with more space when the party is over – you may even make enough room to bring in the car.
- Find that Smell. Does your garage have an unpleasant smell? Now is the time to find the source. Make sure that chemicals are covered and capped, so the odors don’t escape. Musty smells can probably be controlled by opening the door and washing down the walls and the floor. FYI that wash down is a necessity, even if there aren’t any odors.
- Hide the Clutter. Remember that “keep” pile from step one? If you can’t find places to store the contents, consider stacking everything along one wall. To make that wall party-ready, grab fun vinyl tablecloths from the dollar store, string a clothesline in front of the “stuff” and hang those tablecloths to make a party wall. You can also tack the tablecloths or secure them from the top of shelves. BONUS HINT – matching twin sheets make easy tablecloths for folding tables.
- Light it up. We’re getting to the fun part – FINALLY! From strings of white lights crisscrossing the ceiling to party lanterns, there are so many options! Don’t forget your driveway. You can decorate it to match your theme and even set up some tables so your party can spill out into the open air.
- Arrange the Food. From burgers and dogs to subs and shish kabobs -finger foods work well at garage parties! REMEMBER to keep the grill outside in the open air. You can get a display table from the local party rental store, add your food, maybe a special cake and make it a fantastic centerpiece.